There's no need to start from scratch when getting started with Pitch. You can import your existing presentations into Pitch in a few easy steps. To get started, click on the arrow on the right of the Create presentation button in your dashboard. Select Choose file and import your presentation.
💡 If the presentation you would like to import to Pitch is in a different file format than PowerPoint (pptx), you can convert that file so that it can be imported into Pitch. Many tools such as Google Slides and Keynote allow you to export in this format.
Once the file is selected, you will see a pop-up indicating that the import is in progress. How long this takes will depend on the computer's performance and the file size.
Once the import is finished, you will be taken to your imported presentation in Pitch.
Supported and unsupported elements
Supported elements of your original presentation should import into Pitch seamlessly.
- Simple shapes
Unsupported elements might look a bit different or be absent, depending on whether or not import functionality for a specific type of block already exists in Pitch.
- Footer or header elements
- Slide notes
- Custom fonts
Tips for fine-tuning your imported presentation
- If you would like to make a change to your imported presentation, start by reviewing your presentation style. That way, you can customize the style of your entire presentation, applying any changes to all of your slides at once.
- If your team uses a font that is not already in Pitch, you can upload the font to your Pitch workspace so that you can apply it to your imported presentation.
- As Pitch does not currently support headers and footers, here's a workaround you can use to quickly apply the same element to multiple slides at once:
1. Click on the block you would like to use as the footer/header and press Command (Control on Windows) + C.
2. Select all slides by pressing Shift and clicking on all slides that you would like to add the footer/header to.
3. Press Command (Control on Windows) + V to paste the footer/header onto all selected slides at once.
What dimensions does Pitch support?
Currently, Pitch is only able to import a presentation with the dimensions of 16:9.
Is there a limit to the size of my .pptx file?
No, Pitch's PowerPoint importer doesn't have a file size limit.
Our PowerPoint importer is in beta while we improve the experience and collect initial user feedback. Feel free to contact us through the messenger or via email if you have any suggestions or feedback to share. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.