There is no need to copy and paste data into your charts in Pitch. Import a CSV or Google Sheets spreadsheet and display your numbers right away. Let’s get started:
1. Click on the Chart icon in the editor toolbar and select the type of spreadsheet you'd like to import under Integrations.
2. (Google Sheets only) Allow access to your Google Account. Please make sure you have enabled pop-up windows and allowed third-party cookies in order for this integration to work.
3. Select the relevant Categories and Values for your chart by dragging your mouse to highlight the content you wish to include in your chart.
4. Check whether you want to use the first selected column as category labels and the first selected row as chart legend.
5. Select the chart type you’d like your data to be formatted in.
6. Once you're done, click Create chart to see your changes:
💡To replace data in an existing chart, just select it and click on Replace chart data in the inline editor.
How to format your CSV file or Google Sheets spreadsheet
In order to get the desired chart as a result, it’s important that your file is formatted correctly. Here are some helpful hints:
When importing your data, we will automatically strip non-numerical characters; however, if you notice that numbers are not importing properly, you'll want to remove the additional characters.
Use commas instead of periods as a thousand separator (i.e 10,000).
Use a period instead of a comma as a decimal point separator (i.e. 0.001).
Once you have uploaded your data, you can format and design your chart. Please note that you can only include two columns of data right now. More improvements to charts are coming soon!
💡 If you're seeing an error message when connecting your Google account, this article can help you troubleshoot common issues.