You can add bar charts, pie charts, and line charts to your presentations — to present your data in a visual, legible way. To add a chart:
1. Click the bar chart icon in the editor toolbar
2. Choose the type of chart that you’d like to add
Alternatively, press Command + K, type in “chart” and select between bar, pie, and line charts. Now you can start entering your data:
- Click anywhere on the chart to select it
- Click Edit chart data above the chart or in the Design panel on the right.
- Type or copy and paste your data into the table at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Finish editing chart data in the sidebar when you’re done.
You can also import a CSV file or Google spreadsheet, or connect to your Google Analytics account to import your data. Simply select the integration you're looking for when creating a new chart, or click Replace chart data in the inline editor of an existing chart to get started.
Add multiple columns to your charts
Need to display two or more columns of data in your charts?? No problem! Click on the + symbol to the right of the last column to add an extra one.
Currently, you can add up to 8 additional columns and change the color for each column. To change the color of a column, click the color circle in the top right of each row.
Edit your chart
There are many options you have to customize your chart. To either include or remove these, simply switch the toggle on or off in the right-hand panel:
- Show categories
- Category labels
And for the y-axis:
You can customize your chart by using the inline controls as well. Simply click on the chart and you’ll find editing options based on the type of chart you are working on.
To make your charts even more precise, you can format data as numbers, currencies, or percentages. Click on the formatting menu at the top right-hand corner of the table to choose between number type, format, decimal points, and more.
How to adjust the labels on your charts
Click on a label of your line and bar charts to open up options for the positioning behavior of the labels once the chart gets resized. The three options are:
- Auto: Labels will rotate when they need more space
- Hide: Labels will disappear once they can’t be fully displayed
- Rotate: Labels will be rotated right away
💡 Pro tip: Chart legends are coming soon, but in the meantime, you can create one by using shapes and text blocks next to your chart.