Are you getting an error message when connecting your camera or microphone?
Here are a few helpful tips to get you started with troubleshooting permissions based on the most common browsers and operating systems:
Chrome and Edge
- Click on the camera icon in your URL address bar (top right) when in a call
- Be sure that Always allow is selected
- Refresh the page. If rejoining doesn't work, fully quit the browser and rejoin
- Click the Settings icon (the three dots) in the upper right of your Chrome window
- Click Site Settings > Camera (and then Mic)
- Under both Camera and Mic, make sure that Pitch.com is not on the Block list
- Save the changes and rejoin the call
- Click the cam/mic icon in the address bar when in a call
- Click the X to turn off blocking
- Exit and rejoin the call. Click Allow when joining
Important: You must grant each browser camera/mic access.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Camera
- Click the box next to the browser you're using. Your browser will automatically quit and reopen
- Perform these steps again for Systems Preferences > Privacy > Microphone.
- Please make sure that your system is updated with the latest release
- Confirm that no other apps are currently using your camera and microphone
One last tip: Do you have any ad blockers or browser extensions installed? If so, try using an Incognito window as an extension might be blocking access to your camera/microphone.
If you’re not quite sure what to do, please reach out to us and we’ll do our best to help resolve your issue.