Some data is best presented in a table that is easy to read, and easy to create. To add a table:
- Click the grid-shaped icon in the editor toolbar.
- Specify how many columns and rows you want to start with.
Now, click anywhere on the table to select it, then click any cell to start entering text — once you see the blinking cursor, you can start typing. Alternatively, double click any cell you want to type in.
Add and remove rows and columns
To add additional rows, simply hover over the left part of the selected table and click the + icon. To add columns, hover over the top part of the selected table. Additionally, you can add rows and columns by changing the number in the text box associated with the number of rows and columns.
In case you got a bit overzealous and added too many rows or columns, you can:
- Hover over the row numbers or column letters.
- Click the trash bin icon.
Format tables and cells
There are multiple editing options in the Design panel to make your tables pop:
- You will find four different header variations once you toggle on Header. You can also add a light color shade to every other row to make data easier to read if you toggle on Alternating rows.
- If you toggle on Borders you’ll be able to customize the color of the borders.
- You can reduce the Opacity of the table and make it completely invisible.
💡 You can copy and paste tables directly from Google Sheets (or other spreadsheet tools like Excel) to create or update your tables. If you paste table data into a blank slide a table will automatically be created for you. Or you can update an existing table by selecting it and pasting in your data from Excel.